FAB9 safety induction: Timber shop
At FAB9, safety is the most important thing to us - for you, your fellow makers, and our staff. We’ve designed a series of inductions that will show you the safe and effective way to work with specific machines and tools in the makerspace.
FAB9 safety induction: Timber shop is essential for all FAB9 members to complete before gaining access to FAB9’s woodworking tools and machines.
In this 2 hour induction session, you’ll be introduced to the power tools, drill press, and the oscillating belt sander that is available for use at FAB9.
Teaching you the FAB9 way to work safely with each of these tools while operating safely within the Timber shop, the session will cover the features and applications of FAB9’s, including :
- High supervision tools: track saw, circular saw, angle grinder, handheld electric router, and trimmer
- Low supervision tools: jigsaw, multitool, orbital sander, belt sander, drill driver, brad nail gun, and staple gun
- Hand drills and drivers: power drills, and impact driver
- Low supervision machines: oscillating belt sander, and drill press
- Saws: mitre saw, table saw, band saw, and scroll saw.
- Timber prep: jointer, thicknesser, domino, and router table
Once you’ve completed this induction, you’ll be able to start using all of these tools at FAB9.